Sunday, March 6, 2011

Enchiladas

This recipe has been a life-long favorite! My mom learned it from my grandma, but I'm not sure I remember my grandma ever cooking this for me. Because I know where it came from, I am always reminded of my sweet grandmother when I make this dish! It is SO EASY and takes 5 minutes to prepare!

Wolf Chili Enchiladas!


Ingredients:
  • 2 cans Wolf Chili (I use the kind w/beans, but you can get without)
  • 10-12 flour or corn tortillas (it depends on my mood which ones I use)
  • 2 cups shredded cheese (sometimes I use monterrey jack, sometimes I use chedder, sometimes I buy the Mexican Blend)
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees
*Take each tortilla and fill with approximately 2 tbsp of shredded cheese, roll it up, put a toothpick in it to keep it closed and place in a 9x13 pyrex dish (or baking dish) 
*Cover the enchiladas with the chili - I heat mine up in the microwave first so that it's easier to spread
*Top with cheese
*Cover dish with aluminum foil & bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and chili is bubbly

Add some spanish rice to this and you've got yourself a DELICIOUS and easy tex-mex dinner! Enjoy!

0 comments: