Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chess/Buttermilk Pie

The other night I had a craving for Chess pie, so I asked a few friends for suggestions and I got a great recipe! The pie hit the spot and was just what I was "dreaming" of! Chess or Buttermilk Pie is SO easy to make and it is just absolutely delicious! I hope you enjoy it!

Chess/Buttermilk Pie





Ingredients:
1 stick of butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 T Flour 
3 Eggs
1 Cup Buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract

Preheat oven to 350.
*Hand beat eggs until fluffy*Mix butter, sugar and flour together with hand mixer.
*Then add buttermilk little at a time.
*Add vanilla and lemon extract and mix (I did not use lemon extract)
*Pour into pie crust, bake for 10 minutes, then put pie shield/foil over crust.
* Bake 30-45 mins. It will harden/thicken up after sitting out for a little bit. Eat warm or refrigerate before serving.

0 comments: