Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Weight Watchers Challenge: Chicken with Wild Mushroom Cream Sauce

This is not a recipe from a Weight Watchers recipe book, but I have used reduced fat and fat free items and calculated the points per serving.


Ingredients you will need:
  • 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
  • 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 6 oz mixed mushrooms, sliced (I just use dark mushrooms)
  • 4 green onions, sliced
  • 1 cup low sodium Chicken Broth
  • 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
  • 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers, chopped (I just use the whole jar)
  • 2 Tbsp fresh parsley (optional - I've never used it)
Directions:
 
Season the chicken with black pepper and coat with the flour.

Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides.

Add the mushrooms and onions and cook until they're tender.

Stir the broth in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

Stir in the roasted pepper and sour cream and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Sprinkle with the parsley. Makes 4 servings

Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 11 Points Plus

What we thought:

I made this recipe about a month before Brynlee was born and froze it. When we were ready to eat it, I put it in the oven on about 325 degrees for 20-30 minutes. It was delicious! I served it with egg noodles with butter and no vegetables. I also used full fat sour cream. This time, I made it with reduced fat sour cream and served it with brown rice and green beans -- much healthier. Brian added a bit of salt, but I enjoyed the light and fresh flavor of this meal. I do think it would make a good freezer meal again in the future! 

0 comments: