Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Weight Watchers Challenge: Bubble Up Enchiladas

I can't get the picture to turn sideways...

Ingredients you will need:
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1/4 cup onion (optional)
  • 1 (10 oz) can of Enchilada Sauce
  • 1 (8 oz) can of Tomato Sauce
  • 1 can reduced-fat refrigerated biscuits
  • 1 1/4 cup reduced fat Mexican blend cheese
Directions:

Brown turkey with onion, if desired. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine turkey meat, enchilada sauce, and tomato sauce.

Cut biscuits into fourths.

Add biscuits to meat mixture and mix well.
Pour mixture into greased, 9x13 baking dish.
Bake for 25 minutes then sprinkle with cheese and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese melts.

Weight Watchers Value: 10 PointsPlus

What we thought:

Brian liked everything about the recipe. He said it was very filling and a nice change from the "normal" enchilada recipe. I, on the other hand, wasn't a fan of the turkey. There was just a slight taste at the end of the bite that I do not care for. I would love to make this again using extra lean ground beef and then I think I will love this! 

1 comments:

Sarah Mudd said...

I tried this a couple of weeks ago and thought the same thing about the turkey. I'm going to try it with black beans instead of meat next time- a bit healthier and much cheaper!