Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Weight Watchers Challenge: Low-Fat Poppyseed Chicken

Well folks, I had taken a break from Adventures in CrockPot Cooking because of this:

Follow my adventures in mommy-hood at here.

And 8 weeks later, I decided it was time to get my body back under control, so now I have begun Weight Watchers! My recipe posts will now be Weight Watchers recipes and reviews! Just because they are "Weight Watchers Meals" does not mean they can only be eaten if you are doing the program! I hope many, many people can enjoy these meals!

First up, is Poppyseed Chicken!


The ingredients you will need for this recipe are:

  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts - cooked and diced
  • 1 (10 oz) can low-fat Cream of Chicken soup
  • 1 cup low-fat sour cream
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
  • About 20 Reduced Fat Ritz Crackers
  • 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
Easy instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In glass baking dish, combine chicken, soup, sour cream, onion, and poultry seasoning. On top, sprinkle poppyseeds and crushed crackers. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until bubbly. Serves 4 big servings!

Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 6 points

What we thought of it: 
At first, I had only cooked it about 20 minutes and the onions were still crisp and the seasonings hadn't all melded together. I put it back in for another 15-20 minutes and this time it was DELICIOUS! I could barely tell the difference between this "low-fat" recipe and the original recipe! This will definitely go in the recipe book for Weight Watchers meals!





0 comments: