Friday, September 23, 2011

Burp Cloths

I have gotten so pumped up about sprucing up plain old burp cloths! I'm not the best seamstress in the world, but I'd really like to improve. I have several sewing projects I'd like to work on, but I felt that the easiest way to start was with straight-lined projects...thus, the burp cloth projects!


I learned that this thick, minky material is REALLY hard to sew to a thick burp cloth...maybe I'll learn some techniques of how to handle that, because I really like the soft material. Can't you just imagine having your face up against something that soft?? :-)

This fabric came from an old skirt that I've outgrown. I kept it in my craft box because I just loved the fabric. I think this fabric might be good for some other sewing projects, but I think it was way too thin for this burp cloth and it was REALLY hard to cut in a straight line, and therefore fold in a straight line.

I really like this fabric - it is just a plain old cotton fabric. It cut well, folded well, and sewed well. I think I lined it up a little off centered, but I'm pleased overall with my improvement.

I would LOVE some more practice -- if you would like to provide the burp cloth and fabric, I will make one (without embroidery) for free! I have burp cloths that I can provide for $2 and then we can talk about prices for fabric and embroidery :-) Leave a comment, facebook message me, or email me (512smellme@gmail.com) if you're interested in helping me out :-D

0 comments: